For those of you who know me well you know that my
grandfather, Harold Bengsch, is a county commissioner for Greene County and is seeking re-election this year. You’ve heard me talk about his campaign or
watched us celebrate his elections. This
photo was taken during his first campaign in 2004. Trysten was just a few months old.
I think this is when their close bond started; they are two peas in a pod. The kids try to “stump” him with all of their questions, but Grampsy has an answer for EVERYTHING. He is wise beyond belief.
Here we are 8 years later at the 4th of July parade in Willard...
We’ve added to the family since his first campaign in 2004.
There are even a few not pictured here.
I say this with the most sincere heart...you will not find a more honest,
hardworking man who cares so deeply about Greene County. Spend just one day with Harold Bengsch, and you’ll see what I’m talking about. The man starts his day before the sun comes
up and ends it well after my bedtime. He
gets more accomplished in one day than I could dream of getting done in an
entire year.
Many of you recognize his name or face because he has worked
in the public, and more specifically Greene County, for his entire career. He spent 20 years as the Greene County Health
Director, and even has a building named after him in Springfield.
The Harold K. Bengsch Greene County Public Health Center
His amount of career accomplishments are almost unbelievable. These are just a few that stood out to me. As a founding member of the Child Abuse Advocacy Center and champion of child abuse issues, he was recognized with the John P. Ferguson award at the Child Advocacy Banquet earlier this summer. He is the recipient of the first ever “Lifetime Achievement
Award” by the MSU Alumni Association. He serves on the boards of Caring Communities and the Salvation Army. ..
I could go on and on and on. And I probably should so you’ll understand
what I mean when I say: “You will not find a more honest, hardworking man who
cares so deeply about Greene County.” He served as the chair for the Missouri State Board of
Health and is a member of the MC+
Quality Assurance Committee. He was
awarded “Humanitarian of the Year” by the Community Foundation.
Seriously though, if I posted all of the awards and
committees, and boards this would be a 10 page report. You can jump over to his website www.vote4bengsch.com for a complete
list of accomplishments over his lifetime and more specifically, his 8 years as commissioner.
Beyond his career accomplishments, he is a humble man who loves his
family dearly. He sets aside time
for us without hesitation and understands what it means to be involved
in the lives of children. We are
extremely thankful and proud to be the grandchildren of Harold Bengsch.
Primary elections will be held next Tuesday, August 7th. Harold Bengsch is seeking re-election for county commissioner in Greene County and we would greatly appreciate your vote for him. Thank you and God Bless.
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)